[Discuss-gnuradio] fftsink now averages

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] fftsink now averages
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:23:40 -0800

I just checked in an updated version of fftsink that supports
averaging.  You'll need to update gnuradio-core and gr-wxgui.

I also fixed the problem where all the windows come up too small.

The fftsink windows now have a popup menu (right click to access) that
can enable or disable averaging, set dB/div, etc.  The interface isn't
great, but it's better than what we had.

Here are the new preferred interfaces:

class fft_sink_f(gr.hier_block, fft_sink_base):
    def __init__(self, fg, parent, baseband_freq=0,
                 y_per_div=10, ref_level=100, sample_rate=1, fft_size=512,
                 fft_rate=20, average=False, avg_alpha=None, title='',
                 size=default_fftsink_size):

class fft_sink_c(gr.hier_block, fft_sink_base):
    def __init__(self, fg, parent, baseband_freq=0,
                 y_per_div=10, ref_level=100, sample_rate=1, fft_size=512,
                 fft_rate=20, average=False, avg_alpha=None, title='',
                 size=default_fftsink_size):

... though the old ones are still supported.

Long term I think we should code up something like the interface on
the Agilent 89600 Vector Signal Analyzer.

http://www.home.agilent.com/cgi-bin/pub/agilent/reuse/cp_ReferenceRedirector.jsp?CONTENT_NAME=AGILENT_EDITORIAL&CONTENT_KEY=541619&STRNID=03&LANGUAGE_CODE=eng&COUNTRY_CODE=US

If this link doesn't work go to www.agilent.com and search for
"89600 technical overview" in "Test & Measurement"

Eric