[Discuss-gnuradio] using FreeBSD

From: LRK
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] using FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:26:42 -0600

I using FreeBSD. I can download, untar, configure, make, make check, and
sudo make install the tarballs except for the gr-howto.. section.

I can get the CVS files but bootstrap does not find the autotools executables
because they are installed with the version number, i.e.
/usr/local/bin/automake19

I made links by hand but there appears to be some mechanism that should allow
the versions to be specified in the .m4 files so different versions could be
used when several versions are available.

Running ./bootstrap in the CVS download gnuradio-core directory gives this
error:

configure.ac:61: warning: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is m4_require'd but is not m4_defun'd
configure.ac:61: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is required by...
config/gr_scripting.m4:30: GR_SCRIPTING is expanded from...
configure.ac:61: the top level
configure.ac:61: warning: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is m4_require'd but is not m4_defun'd
configure.ac:61: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is required by...
config/gr_scripting.m4:30: GR_SCRIPTING is expanded from...
configure.ac:61: the top level
configure.ac:55: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:57: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_SHARED
configure.ac:58: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
configure.ac:59: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

If I copy /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 to gnuradio-core/config/
this one goes away.

While I can "workaround" these, is there a "right" way to fix them?

--
LRK