[Discuss-gnuradio] SDR vs Analog common term comparison

From: Young, Bruce Spawar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR vs Analog common term comparison
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 15:48:18 -0400

There are terms like ENOB that are used by my analog buds.  They translate that into dynamic range and try to tell me their system is superior to the USRP I am working on.  Analog Devices has Advanced Filter Bank (V-Corp), High-Performance Linearity Error Compensation (V-Corp) that claim to increase Dynamic Range.   There are probably other processing enhancements that improve SDR performance.  The handling of noise in the overall signal detection is different in Digital.   Once I get into operation I can compare receivers but that is a ways off.   Does anyone have a information sources that clear the subject?  Comparing Analog to SDR performance.

SPAWAR Bruce