[Discuss-gnuradio] Chassis ideas for USRP.

From: Lamar Owen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Chassis ideas for USRP.
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:40:46 -0400

I finally have put my USRP (#216) in a chassis.  Pictures on my photo gallery
at http://www.lamarowen.net/pgallery/album?album_id=2060&page=1

The chassis was made from the case and side panels of an old analog/digital
trainer I built at DeVry years ago that had self-destructed.  The front panel
was a sheet of aluminum from a Hull marine radio.  Plumbing the receive
inputs of the Basic RX done with 0.141 semirigid and some SMA extensions and
a bullet (per channel), and the transmit channels with a pair of Astrolab
flex jumpers.  The TVRX is plumbed with a short F male to chassis mount F
female jumper scavenged from an old satellite radio (C Band) receiver.  Yes,
that is a 6 volt lead acid battery in the chassis; portable USRP here, with
the option of plugging it in.

I'm planning to put a Minicircuits RF amp and directional coupler on the blank
space of the front panel for various connections.  I'm also planning on
integrating the charging circuit in the chassis.  So far works fine!

For PARI, we put our USRP in a rack mount chassis; pictures of it will have to
wait since it is in a rack at the moment.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology