Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] scheduler tweaks

From: cswiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] scheduler tweaks
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:57:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Chuck Swiger wrote:

> No luck - but I'm going to have to try a different strategy of modulating
> a signal with  31.25 baud data. If I flood the pipe with enough characters
> the signal flows, but with the psk keyer it proceeds in blips.

I narrowed it down to: pre-charging the pipe with 33,775 idle characters
allows the radio part to stream. But at 31.25 baud it would take
over two hours of idling to go thru all that precharge to eventually
get around to transmitting what I just typed ;))

Expecting to go from 31.25 to 128,000,000 is just too much - I need
some way to de-couple the fast stream from dependance on the slow stream.

--Chuck