Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Status of BTTV/CX88 capture

From: Hew How Chee
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Status of BTTV/CX88 capture
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:35:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I did some experiment on the CX tv card some time
back. Looks like a continuous capture of 28MHz 8 bit
data from the video ADC is possible, at least it seems
like that. I tried capturing  a sine wave and also raw
composite TV signal. However I did not proceed further
because the data looks noisy, even with no input. Not
sure whether is it cause by the  PCB layout. The sine
wave signal came from Palm since I dont have a sig
gen. As for the video signal, it came from videocam.

I deleted the capture data when I reformat the hard
disk. If anyone is interested to look at it. I can
recapture the data this weekend, hopefully I can dig
out the source code.

Regards,
HowChee

http://www.olifantasia.com/pub/projects/gnuradio/mdvh/cx2388x/