Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Libalsa2-devel

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Libalsa2-devel
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:19:43 -0700

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 03:49:29PM +1200, Moir, Tom wrote:

> Can somebody tell me if Libalsa2-devel is for Mandrake only and that
> for other Linux systems we have to use LIBASOUND2-DEV? I cannot find
> Libalsa2-devel for Fedora 3

I don't know about alsa package naming on FC3.  Any FC users out there???

> ...and keep getting a 'cannot import name
> buffer' error when compiling the GNU radio core. Namely

The "cannot import name buffer" was due to a problem we had with SWIG
1.3.25.  Due to a big clue from Job de Haas, it is fixed in CVS.

Please try updating gnuradio-core, do a make clean in
gnuradio-core/src/lib/swig and then do the normal ../buildit

This problem should be fixed.

Eric