Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic Tx to demodulated RCA audio?

From: Clark Pope-TWC
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic Tx to demodulated RCA audio?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 05:09:42 -0400

I don't think you'll have any problems with the 50 to 75 Ohm conversion.
I've done similar things with other hardware, but not the USRP.

Regarding playback, you may want to consider doing all the processing in the
FPGA. To get the composite NTSC signal, for example, you should be able to
just add a CORDIC to the FPGA and route the amplitude data to the TX board.
The resulting analog signal should plug right into to any tv with a
composite input. The result will be in color too.

To get simultaneous audio you'll need a DDC and another CORDIC for the FM
demod, but it should fit. Or it may be easier just to pipe the audio out the
PCs sound card.