[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: example audio_copy and Sound Blaster Vibra16C

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: example audio_copy and Sound Blaster Vibra16C
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:41:55 +0200

Patrick Strasser wrote:
Hello!

I have troubles running the audio_copy example:

$ ./audio_copy.py
audio_alsa_source[hw:0,0]: unable to support sampling rate 48000
  card requested 44100 instead.
audio_alsa_sink[hw:0,0]: failed to find acceptable formatTraceback (most recent call last):

I googled for formatTraceback, which of course could not be found. The
errormessage lacks the newline, so "format" is from the error message,
and "Traceback" stems from the Python runtime system.

Could someone please fix this missing newlines in gr_audio_alsa?

Seems like my soundcard has some problems with alsa/gnuradio.
Unfortunately CHATTY_DEBUG in gr_audio_alsa is a compile time option,
and I dont' want to have it on at all times. I'm trying to turn this
into a runntime option. I'm not familiar with c++/swig/Python, thus I'm
not shure how this could work. Is it possible to modify public mebers
from C++-code in Python-code without access methods in C++?
I'd like to define something like
public: bool d_debug
in gr_audio_alsa/src/audio_alsa_{source,sink} .

Patrick