[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packaging (ground, heating)

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packaging (ground, heating)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:34:17 -0700 (PDT)

We're making up a box for our USRP. We're planning something pretty simple, similar to the box shown in the last photo at the bottom of

 http://webpages.charter.net/cswiger/amps.html

What about grounding? Is it advisable to connect the box to some ground pin or pad on the USRP?

What about heating? Can we close the top of the box, or do we need to leave it open to keep the chips cool?

Jon Jacky