Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FreeBSD - another datapoint

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FreeBSD - another datapoint
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 15:22:34 -0500

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 02:38:39PM -0500, LRK wrote:

> My test machine has an Intel 82801DB chip which claims to provide USB 2.0
> support for all six USB ports. FreeBSD, however, installs the uhci driver
> rather than ehci. The ehci/usb module shows to be loaded and the Intel
> chip found but aparently not recognized by the ehci driver.
>
> Not clear if this is actually part of the problem with talking to the USRP
> but it could be. Clues welcome.

Despite the docs saying the kernel modules can be loaded at boot time rather
than included in the kernel itself, there is a difference. I found the ehci
driver was not enabled in the kernel build so I did that. Next boot there is
a /dev/usb3 device for the ehci.

Now I get:

RX d'board A: Basic Rx
usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Input/output error
RX d'board B: <none>
xfered 1.05e+06 bytes in 0.263 seconds.  3.98e+06 bytes/sec.  cpu time = 0.02065
noverruns = 0

which I think means I am getting ~4 MB/s from the RX board test.

More.....

--
LRK