Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FreeBSD - more

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FreeBSD - more
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 00:35:50 -0700

> I believe it was gnuradio-examples/python/usrp/benchmark_usb.py that
> triggered the problem here.
>
> cheerio Berndt

That should be the right answer, but is not completely reliable.

Try running test_usrp_standard_rx with different values of the
-D <decim> option.  Start with -D 128, then try -D 64, -D 32, -D 16, -D 8.

  -D 128    500kS/sec      2MB/sec
  -D  64    1MS/sec        4MB/sec
  -D  32    2MS/sec        8MB/sec
  -D  16    4MS/sec       16MB/sec
  -D   8    8MS/sec       32MB/sec

Likewise, try test_usrp_standard_tx with different values of the
-I <interp> option.  Start with -I 256, then try -I 128, 64, 32, 16.

  -I 256    500kS/sec     2MB/sec
  -I 128    1MS/sec       4MB/sec
  -I  64    2MS/sec       8MB/sec
  -I  32    4MS/sec      16MB/sec
  -I  16    8MS/sec      32MB/sec

A couple of over/run-runs at the beginning is OK for any given attempt.

(Note, I just fixed a minor problem that would show 5 or more
tx_underruns at the beginning.   Update usrp from CVS if you want the fix.)

Eric