[Discuss-gnuradio] N1Bt software board and front end design

From: Gituma Nturibi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] N1Bt software board and front end design
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:25:50 +0300

Greetings to all GNU radio enthusiasts. I'm an electronics and computer engineering student currently undertaking a sofware radio project for my final year. I would like to receive broadcast FM but the task seems to be quite daunting as I don't have the resources to use the USRP or the PCI card for reception. Is there anybody out there who has created an FM or even AM front end from components? I would really like to get some info on that.

I would also like to find out more information on the N1BT software radio board as the info at the gnu radio site is insufficient. I would particularly like to find out about the cabapilities of the board and whether there is any design documentation. Particularly I want to know whether it can receive FM and whether anothe module such as the cable modem module is required.

Thanks for the support and keep up the good work on the open source front

Gituma Nturibi,
Aspiring Engineer