Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] (no subject)
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 13:44:23 -0500

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 10:31:46AM -0600, Robitaille, Michael wrote:
> >On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:26:23 -0700, Eric Blossom wrote:
>
> >>             3- Should any of these packages, including gnuradio, be
> >> installed with sudo?
>
> I like the idea of not having to use sudo.  I will try to change the
> permission on the appropriate directory.

I install the programs needed to build gnuradio as root, some of these
being "ports" in FreeBSD and thus easy to install. A couple I have to
do by hand.

Then I do the CVS download into space owned by the user gr and build it
there without sudo. There are a couple of things to fix to get this all
working but I can run everything as the user.

--
LRK