[Discuss-gnuradio] "Failed to set initial frequency" and SDCC 2.5.0

From: Lee Patton
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] "Failed to set initial frequency" and SDCC 2.5.0
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:14:38 -0400

Hi all -

I seem to have the baseline packages, gnuradio, and usrp code installed
okay. The example files "usrp_oscope.py" and "usrp_fft.py" run and
display active data on the line. However, I cannot set the frequency.
The GUI displays the message "Failed to set initial frequency."

I originally installed SDCC 2.5.0, but after reading the USRP README, I
installed SDCC 2.4.0. This did not fix the problem.  SDCC 2.4.0 won't
compile *completely* under gcc 3.4 (which is why I used 2.5.0 in the
first place), but it does (apparently) generate all the files required
by gnuradio.  I say this because the example files run. I just can't set
the frequency.

My questions are:

1) Any idea how to fix the problem causing the "Failed to set init..."
message?

2) Can SDCC 2.5.0 be used, or is 2.4.0 an absolute must?

Thanks,
 - Lee

--
Lee Patton