[Discuss-gnuradio] AM receiver

From: Gituma Nturibi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] AM receiver
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:22:43 +0300

First I thank Eric and Michael for their input about my previous query- It was helpful but designing a superhet radio receiver is not as easy as it sounds.

I'm back again with a few questions about GNU radio. As I had said earlier I was thinking about creating an Fm receiver. However cost and complexity considerations have made me think about trying AM reception instead. Taking into account I'm based in Kenya so shipping would be an issue and a budget of about $120, very small! The problem is that I'm on a tight time schedule and require to get the project up and running soon. So I would like to know what is the best I can achieve using a PC sound card or some other cheap ADC board.

I would also like to know where I can find the code for AM reception particularly the MW band.

I'm also looking for information on FM tuner cards- Is there a way to tap the IF from the card and use it as a front end? I would appreciate input on this and where I can get more info on the internal workings of an FM cards tried to search for some on the net and got basically nothing. Still trying to find out the specifications and the capabilities of the N1IBT board by willware. Any GNU radio implementation using a Tayloe detector?
Thanks in advance

Gituma Nturibi

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/