Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error during "make" gr-usrp

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error during "make" gr-usrp
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 16:22:00 -0500

'gnuradio.i' is found in ${prefix}/include/gnuradio/swig/, and is supposed to be installed by gnuradio-core (via "sudo make install" or equivalent). You can copy it from gr-build/gnuradio-core/src/lib/ swig/gnuradio.i into that directory if necessary (they have the same file contents), but that shouldn't be necessary. Is your ${prefix} the same for installing both gnuradio-core and usrp?

Both Jon Jacky and I have found that GR modules (gnuradio-core, usrp, gr-usrp, gr-wxgui) build without modification under MacOS X 10.4, as of late November ... assuming you have the proper background libraries and applications installed (e.g. using Fink, DarwinPorts, or directly from source). There are no great tricks to compile and install those modules; the other modules, possibly excepting gr-audio- jack, aren't really designed for MacOS X, so if you want to use them good luck!

I just updated my local gr-build copy, and can confirm that those modules compile and install without error in the order listed. I use DarwinPorts for all the background stuff. - MLD