[Discuss-gnuradio] Suffering from a lack of understanding

From: Garrett Mcgrath
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Suffering from a lack of understanding
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 22:49:20 -0400

Ok I’ve got my code all written and tested it using test data now the problem is that I’ve derived my class from ‘gr_block’ which provides a ninput_items and noutput_items object to the general work system when it’s called.  I’m confused thou how do I actually utilize these values as my number of output items isn’t known upon input,it’s a function of arguments fed to the class and values in the vector (using a vector source) that is used.  The initial data becomes 4 times larger during encoding, this is then expanded to generate sample points and create a square wave for the desired length of time.  This is then fed back as the result, it could be anywhere from 20 times to 10,000 times larger.  What exactly do I do (especially concerning the ‘consume’ behavior for this situation)?

Any help, advice or guidance on this topic would be fantastically helpful.

-Garrett McGrath