[Discuss-gnuradio] atsc runs up to field sync demux

From: Charles Swiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc runs up to field sync demux
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 16:22:16 -0400

Gang - just committed latest attempts to gr-atsc 2.x in cvs,
updating atsc_bit_timing_loop, fs_checker, equalizer and
field_sync_demux.   Using an off-the-air signal they pass
data down to field_sync_demux, which just scans for a valid
field sync and that's as far as it goes.

Anyway it's pretty tenuous - I'm not sure how to proceed.
Will probably just let it percolate for a while and play
around with sticking fprintf's here and there. The last
one I put in fs_checker_naive produced this:

>>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE
Press Enter to StopFSC_naive: 511 pattern good, errors: 0
FSC_naive: 511 pattern good, errors: 9
!!! atsci_fs_checker_naive: PN63 error count = 37
FSC_naive: 511 pattern good, errors: 0
FSC_naive: 511 pattern good, errors: 0
FSC_naive: 511 pattern good, errors: 1
FSC_naive: 511 pattern good, errors: 0
FSC_naive: 511 pattern good, errors: 2
FSC_naive: 511 pattern good, errors: 16
FSC_naive: 511 pattern good, errors: 6
!!! atsci_fs_checker_naive: PN63 error count = 32
FSC_naive: 511 pattern good, errors: 0

I'm amazed that much works ;))

--Chuck