Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Labview

From: Jonathan Jacky
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Labview
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 17:15:18 -0700 (PDT)

I, too, am about to work with the USRP and Labview. It's for our Magnetic Resonance Force Microscope (MRFM) project:

 http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2005-01/msg00232.html

This device is now run by over 100 Labview VIs that my colleagues have built over the past 12 years.

I am considering two approaches:

1. Run the USRP by a standalone GNU Radio Python program that communicates with Labview via TCP/IP sockets.

2. Promote the GNU Radio C/C++ support for the USRP to a Labview Code Interface Node, CIN. Then program the USRP right in Labview without
using the GNU Radio Python code at all.

I'll try option 1 first, it may be inelegant but should be straightforward.

I'm not sure how hard (or possible) option 2 might be, but it might be simpler in the long run, especially for my Labview-programming colleagues.

I expect to start option 1 soon.  I'll let you know when I have something
working.

Jon Jacky