Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building gnuradio-core on OS/X (Intel)

From: radio
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building gnuradio-core on OS/X (Intel)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 15:55:41 -0700 (PDT)

Well, it looks like I can answer my own question. I found the following
passage in the gnu assembler manual:

---------
The way the required alignment is specified varies from system to system.
For the a29k, hppa, m68k, m88k, w65, sparc, Xtensa, and Renesas / SuperH
SH, and i386 using ELF format, the first expression is the alignment
request in bytes. For example .align 8 advances the location counter until
it is a multiple of 8. If the location counter is already a multiple of 8,
no change is needed.

For other systems, including the i386 using a.out format, and the arm and
strongarm, it is the number of low-order zero bits the location counter
must have after advancement. For example .align 3 advances the location
counter until it a multiple of 8. If the location counter is already a
multiple of 8, no change is needed.

So on Intel Macs, the .align 16 would do an alignment to the next 64k
boundary. Now I am much more sympathetic to the error message. After
changing the .align 16 to .align 4, everything builds and all the test
pass.

Let's see whether I can get the rest to work.

Cheers,
   Jan