Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Auto* again

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Auto* again
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 22:19:46 -0500

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 12:28:46PM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to compile GNURadio on FreeBSD but once more auto* is making
> things very difficult..
>
> Can anyone tell me how to decode/fix the following errors?
> I've tried deleting all copies of auto* and libtool and installing the
> latest, as well as reinstalling the ports mentioned (xmms, libart, etc)
>
> Are the configure scripts in GNURadio for a specific version of auto*?
> If so, which ones? :)

> [inchoate 12:18] ~/projects/gnuradio/gnuradio-core >autoheader259
> configure.ac:58: warning: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is m4_require'd but is not
> m4_defun'd

The 'libtool' problem under FreeBSD has always been related to some problem
with FreeBSD not setting pointers to specific versions of the tools. This
particular one is usually due to aclocal looking for libtool.m4 in the
wrong place. Seems like there was a change recently.

This is my note on the FreeBSD 5.4 machine but I think the 'libtool15.m4'
is now just 'libtool.m4'.

  ln -s /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool15.m4 \
        /usr/local/share/aclocal19/libtool.m4

Hope that does the trick.

--
LRK