Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Graphical programming with Ptolemy

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Graphical programming with Ptolemy
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:47:35 -0400

John Clark wrote:
Eric Blossom schrieb:

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 09:22:46AM -0700, John Clark wrote:
Patrick Strasser schrieb:

It seems to becoming an 'annual' event that I setup a GNURadio environment, and this year's candidate machine seems to have almost
nothing of the antecedent packeges...

Gee, if you use *any* of Mandriva, SuSE, Ubuntu or FC5, I think the
only thing you've got to build is SDCC. Perhaps you ought to rethink your distribution choice...
Out of curiousity, what distribution are you using?

Well the problem here is that, the machine is not 'mine'. It appears to be a Redhat 9 setup, and the directive was 'put gnuradio' on the machine... not 'format and
install a new distribution, then install gnuradio'...

Then why would you blame GnuRadio for an ancient OS? On Ubuntu, I had to load SDCC and that was it. I had to BUILD NOTHING. The installations were binary.

Bob

John clark