Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble getting USRP up and running

From: Michael Milner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble getting USRP up and running
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:21:01 -0400 (EDT)

I actually just ran into this same problem myself.

Try running the same commands as root, they should work fine.

To be able to run them WITHOUT becoming root, you need to set up fedora to
change the ownership of the usb device.  This used to be handled by
hotplug, but under fedora core 5 it is done by udev.

This link describe how to set up a gps device in fedora core 5 so that any
user can access it.  Follow the same instructions, but use the following
changes:

http://www.gpsbabel.org/os/Linux_Hotplug.html

idVendor: fffe
idProduct:0002

Then unplug and replug the usrp.  That should make it accessible to any user.

Mike