Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on a Windows XP system.

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio on a Windows XP system.
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:43:47 -0700

On Thu, Jun 01, 2006 at 09:23:31AM -0700, John Clark wrote:
> I had some amount of difficulty getting an 'as is' linux box with an
> arbitrary linux distribution setup to support GNU Radio.

Hi John,

As we discussed before, if your "as is" environment was reasonably
up-to-date, I don't think you'd have had a problem on GNU/Linux.

> Now someone has asked me about setting up a Windows demo
> unit.

Good luck ;) We're not opposed to it working under Windows, but to
date we've seen almost no efforts by people who want it to run under
windows.  Unless there are developers who want it to work on that
platform and are willing to do some work on it, the situation will
probably remain the same.

> I've setup cross compiler environments using cygwin, but given the
> problems that I had with 'old' distributions of linux, I am reluctant
> to believe that Windows is any easier.
>
> Has someone done this, and what packages, parent-packages,
> sibling-packages, grand and gread-grand-packages, are required
> to set things up.
>
> Thanks
> John Clark

Eric