[Discuss-gnuradio] Threading in python?

From: Michael Ford
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Threading in python?
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:59:24 -0500

Up until now, all of my networking projects have been in C/C++, and I'd like to think that I'm pretty good with threading in those languages. As with the previous projects, I feel like threading will be a must. It's true that with wireless nodes, I won't be sending/receiving simultaneously with the same node. I figure that I'll have the node receiving unless the user inputs a file to be sent, so I'll need a thread that does nothing but receive (and that sendswhen it needs to), and a thread that constantly looks for user input. Should I be implementing the threading on the python level, or can I get away with doing this as a C++ file?

-Michael Ford-