Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building portaudio and comedi

From: Robert McGwier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building portaudio and comedi
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:43:31 -0400

OSS and Alsa have real trouble with some of the higher end professional cards such a the M-Audio Delta series in dealing with the number of channels these high end cards can offer. Portaudio handles the plughw case internally. It is rapidly maturing and will provide a cross platform audio interface. It is not finished but why should that be a bother for us in a system that is never finished (and hopefully will not be soon)? I use the portaudio interface exclusively. If you are on Linux and you are using a standard 2 channel stereo sound card, such as the one on your motherboard, I probably agree. Don't bother.

Bob