[Discuss-gnuradio] pipes

From: paul munro
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] pipes
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 06:44:55 +0000

Is there a way of sending the data from the USRP to another application using pipes?? I only know the basics of pipes, and need to look into it more. I was going to try using TCP but thought pipes maybe easier. Also, labview (the app i am sending it to) expects data over the TCP port to be in string format, which is another headache I'm not really prepared to tackle. My main issue is whether pipes can be done in using the available GNURadio libraries. I am guessing it maybe achieved using the gr_file_descriptor_sink(), but I'm not sure how to write to the pipe using this.

Any ideas??

Regards Paul

Check out the latest video  @  http://xtra.co.nz/streaming