Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PALM / NTCS Audio demodulation

From: Augusto Pedroza
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PALM / NTCS Audio demodulation
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:42:12 -0300

I've built an application that intends to output both signals video and audio, but I haven't been able to test it because it requires a lot of computer power.
i just added these lines:
>>self.u = usrp.source_c(decim_rate= options.decim,fpga_filename=self.fpga_filename)
    self.u_audio = copy.copy(self.u) -- Creates a copy just so I can set a different frequency for  the audio sink

the audio frequency gets the input frequency and adds 5.75M
and the video frequency adds 1.25 to the input.
PS. The input frequency should be the lowest frequency of the VSB
for example if VSB = 210 - 216, the input should be 210M

On 7/7/06, Matt Ettus <address@hidden> wrote:
Augusto Pedroza wrote:

> I am trying to modify the version of usrp_tv_rcv.py in the CVS in
> order to demodulate the audio component of the PAL-M  signals. Has
> anybody have success on doing that for NTSC jsut so I could compare
> both codes or has naybody done it for PALM?

If all you want is the audio, I would start with usrp_wfm_rcv.py.  It
should work right off the bat.  You can change the constants in there to
make it match the standard more closely.

Matt

--
Augusto Pedroza