[Discuss-gnuradio] registering VID / PID with OS

From: Kalen Watermeyer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] registering VID / PID with OS
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:31:08 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

I've modified the FX2 firmware and arbitrarily assign
my board the product ID 0x0099 (I still use the FSF
0xFFE VID).

How does one go about letting Linux know what my
PID/VID combination means - ie is there a string field
somewhere that holds the device name I can insert?

Or do I have to register things with the USB forum?

Thanks
Kalen

The all-new Yahoo! Mail goes wherever you go - free your email address from
your Internet provider. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html