Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Understanding the interfence environment

From: Carlo E. Prelz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Understanding the interfence environment
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 17:23:07 +0200

        Date: mer 06 set 06 07:56:52 -0400

Quoting Marcus Leech (address@hidden):

> Roberto Mastrodonato wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >how can you set frequency and gain?
> >10x
> The DBS_RX tunes from around 900Mhz to around 2200Mhz, and also has
> variable-gain amplifiers, as does
>  the AD9862 A/D chip.  There are usrp functions to control this, which
> I use in my radio astronomy application.

The actual code for setting frequency and gain (for daughterboard
dbs_rx) is found (in python!) in file

<source code of gnuradio>/gr-usrp/src/db_dbs_rx.py

(methods set_freq and set_gain). The procedure is quite abstruse and I
found no text document that would explain in a less terse format what
was done and why. I re-coded the process in C for a library to be
called from Ruby, but I have no certainty that the logic is
correct. If you want I can send you the code, but it has possibly less
documentation that the original python code (which is, I admit, quite
an achievement), and since I could not understand exactly what the
procedure was performing, I have no way to ascertain that my code is
correct.

Carlo

* K * Carlo E. Prelz - address@hidden             che bisogno ci sarebbe