Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP install instructions

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP install instructions
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:30:11 -0400

Actually it looks like you can use /usr/bin/groupadd and /usr/sbin/usermod -G usrp username to set up the group file.

udev is seriously pissing me off at the moment because it still doesn't work on the machine I am trying this on, I have some other schemes that sort of work. I'm going to enable serious loggin on udev in a bit and see if I can figure out why it isn't working for me.

I think groupadd and usermod are more widespread in Linux distros. Can anyone confirm this for me? I use Fedora almost exclusively.

Philip

On 9/14/06, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 01:03:16PM -0400, Philip Balister wrote:
> The FC5 USRP install instructions reference this page on the wiki:
>
> http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UdevConfig
>
> Unfortunately, this page uses some (apparently) debian specific commands to
> set up the group file. Should I figure out how to do this using more generic
> group commands, or create a separate page specifically for udev with Fedora
> Core?

Don't make a separate page.  Please edit the existing page so that it
ends up saying something like "If you're system has the addgroup
command use it, otherwise edit /etc/group using your favorite text
editor"

To edit the page login as "guest", password "gnuradio"

Eric