[Discuss-gnuradio] Passing the payload to the application level

From: Michael Ford
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Passing the payload to the application level
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 23:49:27 -0500

I am trying to pass the payload from the layer where it is obtained back to the application level. However, I'm having some problems. When examining benchmark_gmsk_rx.py, I see that the rx_callback funstion is passed into the receive_path class. Going further, I see that the function is passed from benchmark_gmsk_rx.py to the receive_path class to the gmsk_demod_pkts class, which I understand to be in /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/gnuradio/blksimpl/gmsk2_pkt.py. Here, the function is finally called in a class called _queue_watcher_thread. However, no matter what I do, I can't get the payload data back to the app layer. Just to test things, I commented out the instance of _queue_watcher_thread that is instantiated by the gmsk2_demod_pkts() class, and the rx_callback function is still running, which leads me to believe that I'm not looking in the right place. Also, when I try to make a member variable of the _queue_watcher_thread class called self.thepayload and make a a return of the payload in the rx_callback function, and then try to print self.thepayload from the watcher class, nothing happens. If I make a print statement in the rx_callback function, the payload prints.

-Michael Ford-