Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Active Radar Hardware

From: Lee Patton
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Active Radar Hardware
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:03:19 -0400

Jason and Daniel -

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll look into PIN diodes.  The reason I
wanted to use a circulator was because it doesn't require a switching
signal to be generated from the USRP.  And, while generating such a
signal is possible, it is difficult (if not impossible?) to ensure it is
timed properly with the transmit waveform -- unless I do some FPGA
coding, which may be the necessary next step. (Again, something with
which I have no experience! But learning new things is fun, right?) I
think I will look into using the actual Tx waveform as the switching
signal.

Also, Jason, thanks for pointing the need for a variable attenuator to
condition the signal for ADC.  Although I've been aware of this in the
past, I forgot about it in my application.

Thanks again fellas,
 -Lee