Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Test reports needed for release 3.0rc1 tarball

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Test reports needed for release 3.0rc1 tarball
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 18:13:33 -0400

This is for 3.0rc1, trying to compile under OSX 10.4.7 and 10.4.8 on both PPC and Intel Macs. Everything basically configures (except see below), makes ("make" and "make -j3"), installs, and distchecks. I will try actually running (3.0rc2) tomorrow on a known-working OSX PPC (dual G5). - MLD

In configure:
(1) The "machine dependent speedups" looks like it has a testing bug; this doesn't break things, but it does output a warning:

checking for machine dependent speedups... generic
../configure: line 28595: test: =: unary operator expected
checking for cppunit-config... /opt/local/bin/cppunit-config

(2) Checking for sdl doesn't work on any of these Macs ---when done via a remote login---; it requires an X11 display, which no matter how hard I try I can't get to work reliably even using "ssh -X" etc; it does work when done by the current "console" user on any X11 xterm.

checking for sdl-config... /opt/local/bin/sdl-config
checking for SDL - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** Could not run SDL test program, checking why...
*** The test program compiled, but did not run. This usually means
*** that the run-time linker is not finding SDL or finding the wrong
*** version of SDL. If it is not finding SDL, you'll need to set your
*** LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or edit /etc/ld.so.conf to point *** to the installed location Also, make sure you have run ldconfig if that
*** is required on your system
***
*** If you have an old version installed, it is best to remove it, although *** you may also be able to get things to work by modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH
gr-video-sdl requires library sdl, not found.
----
% sdl-config --version
1.2.11