Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] APT signals

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] APT signals
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:11:55 +1030

G'day,

I managed to capture the spectrum emitted by NOAA-12 for its entire pass; not
quite sure anymore which one it was. Using a Diamond D130 discone antenna and
a low noise broadband power amplifier (10-2000MHz, g=20dB, nf=3.5,
po=+20dbm!!!) the signal was recorded utilizing the usrp_rx_cfile.py python
script, a  gain of 100, and decimation of 250 centered on 137.5MHz. It
produced a very large file

-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1117519872 Dec  9 20:01 noaa-12.dat

This a little more than 1GB!!!! and 419MB zipped. Do we have a place were it
can be uploaded for other list members that are interested? My bandwidth
isn't large enough to offer it to public from here.

I was surprised how loud the signal was, considering the equipment used here,
and how well the TVRX card performed. Now I'm really looking forward to
shooting the big birds  = geostationary satellites.

BTW: Do we have an AFC block to compensate for doublershift or is this
something we still need to implement? I looked through the documentation but
failed to find anything there.

cheerio Berndt