Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] mblock linking error

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] mblock linking error
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:16:01 -0800

Robert McGwier wrote:

> This problem is understood.   There is a change in libtool in the
> Debian/Ubuntu community.  I believed this was fixed here by finding
> out some shell changes but it is not.

Just FYI, my main development machine is Ubuntu 6.10.  I have never had
this issue with libtool/rpath that you describe.  I have the default
build installed which does indeed have the /bin/sh -> /bin/dash symlink.
So there is something else going on here.

> If you cannot build mblock,   you need to install pmt,  which alway
> builds first.  Go into the pmt directory and make install or sudo
> make install depending on your situation.

In this particular case, I believe that the specific mblock build
failure that was seen was a problem with the Makefile.am that was fixed
on the trunk yesterday evening.  I'm still waiting confirmation of a fix
or not.

> There are a couple of really aggravating things in Ubuntu 6.1 (maybe
> earlier) and libtool and link of sh to dash are at the top of my
> list. I could not understand what in the world was going on with
> these shells which had

Again, there must be something else going on as neither of these are a
problem for me.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC