Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS on DBSRX

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS on DBSRX
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:59:17 +0200

2007/5/24, Chris Stankevitz <address@hidden>:
Ben Loftin wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I have successfully done coarse acquisition using the correlator developed
> here,

Ben,

Thanks for the reply.  I now have a GPS acquisition routine and tracker
running.  I am using the DBSRX with about 60dB of gain on a "puck" style
antenna.  My trackers are producing the nav bits, but I still need to
decode them (I plan to use GPStk for this).  It is all implemented as a
single gnuradio block.  I will release the source when I get smart on
the subject and get a final thumbs up from my company (which paid for it).

Chris

I am very excited to see the result once it is released! I just wanted
to mention some of the differences between this and my approach. I am
trying to keep as much as possible at GNU Radio level, and thereby
exposing as much of the internals as possible at Python level. This
has proven to be harder that initially assumed due to the lack of
message passing functionality[1] and the possibility to reconfigure a
running graph.

My main target is research and development, so to have access to all
parts of the receiver in a high level language is a great advantage.
Since it is also a goal to be able to experiment with sensor
integration such as INS, a modular system is also an advantage. If
anyone wants to get together and discuss GNU Radio and GNSS, I will be
at ION GNSS 2007 in September; hopefully the OpenGNSS will have gained
more functionality by then :)

[1]. I have looked into message queues, but it is not what I am
looking for. Mblocks might be the answer, but they were not available
in March.
--
Trond Danielsen