Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing USRP on Ubuntu 7.04

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing USRP on Ubuntu 7.04
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:43:35 -0400

Adi - Are you trying to compile GNU Radio from SVN trunk, SVN 3.0, or the tarball and if so which one tarball version? Since you're using Feisty, you should really be using the SVN trunk since it corrects a bug allowing hot-plug of the USRP to be correctly recognized (at least on real machines; I've had issues with this on a virtual machine running Feisty). Thus also: Is this a real machine or a virtual machine?

Also, can you send a little more of the error print-out? Knowing that there were errors in mblock/src/lib doesn't pin down the actual issue(s).

I assume you haven't done "sudo make install" since the compile broke. If this is the case, then any of the examples won't run properly since they rely upon a correct install. - MLD