[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP overruns

From: Jonathan Gill
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP overruns
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 14:12:26 +0100

Hi all

We’re doing some data collection with the USRP and a basic rx daughter board but we’re getting those pesky u0 characters appearing.

I know that these are generated in response to buffer overruns on the FPGA but we are running at pretty low transfer speeds (around 8 Mbyte/s), are these same characters used elsewhere in the software to indicate other problems – it would be a bit of a bind to find out later that we’re looking in the wrong place for a problem.

We’re using a modified version of the usrp_rx_cfile.py script and have two inputs to the daughter board going through a single DDC, the problem arises on long data collection runs (>10M data points), also were using the (now officially deprecated) usrp.source_s

Thanks for your help

Jon Gill