Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] chuck swiger's file utilities

From: ematlis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] chuck swiger's file utilities
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 23:38:43 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

I've fixed the problem. I can just read the data directly as a float. You can see my c-code if you want to at:

www.nd.edu/~ematlis/z.gnuradio/gnuradio_read_binary_float.c

thanks for your help.

eric

On Tue, 29 May 2007, ismail_itee_uq wrote:

ematlis wrote:

Hi-

does anybody know where Chuck Swiger's website went to?  His old site
seems to be down and I was looking for his c-code based binary read file
utilities.  I tried plotting with gr_plot_float.py but the result doesn't
seem right to me.

thanks,
eric

[snip]

Hi eric,

Try matplotlib / pylab:

http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/
OR:
You can install it (I did it on Ubuntu) with the 'python-matplotlib'
package.

Then for plotting, simply:

import pylab
pylab.plot(data)

Hope this helps,
- Ismail

PS You might need to install some other packages to get rid of warning
messages.