Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: OFDM Benchmark- runtime error

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: OFDM Benchmark- runtime error
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 22:33:20 -0400

Sarang Mandke wrote:
Eric Blossom wrote:
On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 10:33:25PM +0200, Sarang Mandke wrote:
usrp_basic_tx: can't open tx interface
212, in __init__
    fpga_filename, firmware_filename)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp1.py", line
710, in sink_c
    return _usrp1.sink_c(*args)
RuntimeError: can't open usrp1

Can anyone suggest some solution to this problem. The USRP board is
running fine since we tested the oscilloscope script on it
Is the o'scope running at the same time?
Note the message about "Device or resource busy"

Eric

I am saying the error is the one shown here .I can't interact via USB interface with the USRP device. That goes without saying since the program gives runtime errors when trying to access the USRP sink via USB.

Eric understands that, but he's asking if you also have the oscilloscope program running *while* you're trying to run the OFDM benchmark. You must close it before running the benchmark.

- George