Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_prims python module missing

From: Paul Creekmore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_prims python module missing
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:59:01 -0400

Johnathan Corgan wrote:
Paul Creekmore wrote:

The only package I've ever installed was 3.0.2.  I've done so once with
Synaptic Package Manager and once with apt-get.

I see no mention of usrpm.  Specifically, usrp_fft.py imports usrp.py,
and usrp.py imports usrp_prims and usrp_dbid, neither of which exist in
my installation.

I am sorry--I was mistaken on my end (long day...)

I just downloaded and looked through the 3.0.2 packages--the two files
you need are both located in the 'python-usrp' package, so make sure
that is installed.

Problem solved.  My Debian installation did not by default include one of the very critical Debian package download mirrors in apt-get's sources.list file, so I was indeed missing python-usrp, among other things.

For the record, to allow apt-get to find all necessary GNU Radio/USRP packages, I added

  deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian sid main contrib

to /etc/apt/sources.list

--Paul