Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX Kit - A Few Queries

From: Marcus Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TVRX Kit - A Few Queries
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:15:48 -0400

Matt Ettus wrote:

> Yes, the shippingones have an IF of 44 MHz.  The older ones were 5.75
> MHz, but from the user's point of view, it doesn't matter.  You don't
> need to know the IF.
>

> Matt

Actually that's something I was curious about as well.   I'll likely be
picking up a TV_RX for this project here:

In the next few months.  The dish surface is good to about 1.5Ghz, but
was originally designed for
  ballpark 400Mhz.  I'm trying to get a multi-faceted radio astronomy
and SETI program going on this
  thing, and Pulsars are stronger down around 400Mhz than at 1420Mhz.
The dish is 18M or so
  in diameter.

So, anything that works with the DBS_RX works also with the TV_RX?   Is
the tuner real-mode only,
  and do you synthesize I and Q in the FPGA?