Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compile/swig error

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compile/swig error
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:24:26 -0700

On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 09:11:47AM -0700, Alex Young wrote:

> Eric Blossom wrote:
> >

> >> command line, and enter "from gnuradio import gr" and this is what i get:
> >
> > You need to make install from gnuradio-core.  You're not rebuilding
> > the swig glue.
> >

> Thanks Eric.  I tried that and ran into this problem:
>
> g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -pthread -o .libs/benchmark_dotprod
> benchmark_dotprod.o
> ../../../gnuradio-core/src/lib/.libs/libgnuradio-core.so
> ../../../gnuradio-core/src/lib/.libs/libgnuradio-core.so: undefined
> reference to `vtable for gr_interp_test_bb'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [benchmark_dotprod] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/work/gnuradio_src/trunk/gnuradio-core/src/tests'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/work/gnuradio_src/trunk/gnuradio-core/src'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> All I could find out about any vtable errors was something about gcc and
> g++, but I haven't updated anything on my system except the actual gnuradio
> source.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex Young

Looks like your code isn't linked into the library.

Did you add it to libgeneral_la_SOURCES in general/Makefile.am?

In general, you'd be better off building your new stuff "out of the
tree" using the strategy spelled out in the "How to Write a Block"
paper.  That way it's independent of changes that we make to the main
body of code, and means that you can keep up with our changes without
having to constantly modify the tree.

Eric