Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FSK - newbie questions

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FSK - newbie questions
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:18:46 -0500

Fergus Noble wrote:

Also I have noticed in some of the MSK examples use the quadrature demodulator block, is this applicable to non-continuous phase FSK and if so is it more robust than the filter method?

I have used the quadrature demodulator block on GMSK (which is also
non-continuous phase) with great success.

Also, the next problem is bit recovery, I don't really understand the correlator block, could anyone point me towards some documentation that would be grand. Am I supposed to be using this or the
clock recovery block?

The clock recovery block will resample the data stream at the data
clock's frequency, yielding a stream of "soft bits". These can then
be fed to a bit-slicer to produce a stream of binary '1's and '0's.