[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Sample size and data rates

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Sample size and data rates
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 16:15:48 +0100

Aadil Volkwin schrieb am 2007-12-06 13:51:
Hi George,
Thank you for your response, you've cleared up some confusion on my part.

Secondly Is anyone able to tell me where i've gone wrong with the calculation I
mentioned in my third question?

3)If my file is 1 000 000 samples and my audio rate is 32KHz (I
understand this to be 32K samples/second) I expect my playback time to
be (1e6/32e3) = approx 30s, however when I play the file I get only
approx 3s playback time.

Please be more specific. What do you mean by "play"? Do you play it to the sound card? Can you post your relevant code? Can you give a link to the very file?

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at tugraz dot at>