Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frontend Hardware which is not USRP

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frontend Hardware which is not USRP
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:46:43 -0500

"Cheetah" - I believe, but someone correct me if this isn't correct:

In order to non-USRP hardware to be used with GNU Radio (let's call your new hardware HW), you'll want to create 2 new modules that emulate the API of the USRP's modules: gr-hw and hw. The former is a set of GNU Radio blocks that provide the source and sink for HW, and interface between the HW module and the GNU Radio TB/FG blocks. The latter is the actual interface to the new hardware, doing data transport to/from, control, whatever needs to be done. Please note that this won't be a trivial task since, to the best of my knowledge, there is no documentation of the required API - so you'd need to "reverse engineer" it. Good luck! - MLD