[Discuss-gnuradio] [Swig-user] Help with Shed Skin Python-to-C++ compile

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [Swig-user] Help with Shed Skin Python-to-C++ compiler
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:03:11 -0800

FYI,
Eric
--- Begin Message --- Subject: [Swig-user] Help with Shed Skin Python-to-C++ compiler Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:13:21 +0100
Hi all,

Is anyone here interested in helping out with extension module support
in Shed Skin? Shed Skin is an experimental Python-to-C++ compiler,
that takes implicitly statically typed Python code and converts it (at
the source level) to relatively readable C++. For more information,
see: http://mark.dufour.googlepages.com.

One particularly useful feature of Shed Skin is that it allows one to
build really fast extension modules, written in pure Python!
Unfortunately the extension module support is still somewhat naive and
simple. It recursively copies all arguments/return values, and custom
classen (non-builtin types) are not supported.

I'm guessing it should not be that hard to (re)use parts or all of
SWIG to improve the situation, but I would really like to focus on
other parts of the compiler myself..

Thanks!
Mark Dufour (Shed Skin author)
--
"One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code"
- Ken Thompson