Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frontend Hardware which is not USRP

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frontend Hardware which is not USRP
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:40:56 -0800

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 12:48:24AM -0800, Fasika Alemayehu wrote:
> Thanks for the reply ,
>

> The receiver front end is similar with the usrp. The data transfer
> to and from the hardware using the usb endpoints is similar with
> that of the usrp that you mentioned. But the problem is when i tried
> to contact the hardware , the response is that there is "failed to
> find usrp[0]". The product id and the vendor id of the usrp and our
> hardware are different. How can I solve this problem ? I read on the
> forum that I should add the device and vendor id to the list in
> usrp_ids.h and get the usrp developers to acknowledge it.
>
> Best ,
> Fasika

Unless you device is identical to the USRP and uses exactly the same
FX2 code and FPGA RBF's, you'll probably have to do some work.

Have you looked at the source code for the host side of the interface
to the USRP?  usrp/host/lib/legacy/*.{h,cc}

Do you have a specific question?  "How do I get my new hardware that's
sort of like a usrp to work with gnuradio" is a bit open ended.

Eric